Info page with videos and test information: https://liveo2.com/magnet-meat-test
Magnet necklace to test materials for magnetic characteristics.
- Healthy mammal tissue should NOT be attracted to any magnet;
- Blood should be lightly repelled by a magnet.
Please see videos to observe normal magnetism for blood and water and examples of contaminated chicken, beef and pork from stores.
Oxygenated hemoglobin is non-paramagnetic. Deoxygenated hemoglobin is weakly paramagnetic. Any person with enough oxygen in hemoglobin to remain conscious will have diamagnetic blood that be weakly repelled by a magnet.
- Hold magnet near sample;
- A paramagnetic substance will be attracted to the sample;
- Remove magnet from string to test if the strong enough to hold the weight of the magnet.
- Both sides of the magnet will be attracted to paramagnetic material;
- One side will be attracted by magnetic material while the opposite side will be repelled;
- Both sides will be lightly repelled from diamagnetic material;
Water, blood and uncontaminated human and animal tissues are diamagnetic and will be weakly repelled by this magnet. Any tissue attracted to the magnet is contaminated.
- Necklace enables you to take it to store to test meats for magnetism
- Adjustable necklace is approximately 40 inches
- Neodymium Ring Magnet
- Magnet can be easily removed from necklace for adhesion testing